How To: Upgrade From Legacy Cornerstone MFT To NextGen Titan MFT
How can I upgrade from legacy Cornerstone MFT 2019 to Cornerstone MFT NextGen?
With the release of the Cornerstone MFT NextGen version, we would like to take advantage of the new features, added security, and keep our software up to date.
You can install and import your legacy configuration from your Cornerstone MFT 2019 to our new NextGen version while keeping all your legacy configurations intact. Your legacy Cornerstone MFT 2019 server will still be available but in a disabled state.
Cornerstone MFT 3675 (or the latest legacy version)
The Operating System (OS) must meet the System Requirements for Cornerstone MFT NextGen
At least 2GBs of disk space available for installation and backup of legacy configuration
I. Install Cornerstone MFT NextGen
- Run the Cornerstone MFT NextGen installer, select the language of choice and click OK
- The installer wizard will begin in the selected language, please click Next
- You will be presented with the License agreement, please review, and select the “I accept the agreement” option and click Next to proceed with the install
- Please specify the install directory of where you want the Cornerstone MFT NextGen server to be installed and click Next. By default, they are stored under C:\Program Files\South River Technologies\SrxServer
- The installer is now ready to perform the install of Cornerstone MFT NextGen. Click Next to commence the installation
- The installation shouldn’t take too long (less than 5 minutes). Once it has completed, please click Finish
- Navigate to the desktop, locate the new Cornerstone MFT Server shortcut and double click it to launch the web-based Admin UI
- The web browser will navigate you to the Admin UI login page and prompt you with the following Welcome window to create an initial Administrator account for Cornerstone MFT NextGen
- Click “OK Lets Go! create the Cornerstone MFT NextGen administrator account and click “Create Initial Admin User”
- This will create the admin account and log you into the new Cornerstone MFT NextGen Admin UI. This concludes the install portion of Cornerstone MFT NextGen. If you would like to add your legacy configuration, please follow on with the Import Legacy Configuration into NextGen.
II. Import Legacy Configuration Into NextGen
- Importing a Legacy server configuration into NextGen is done using the Admin UI console.
- Open the Admin Console and navigate to your local domain node (the item on the left side of the screen with the globe icon)
- On the right hand side of the screen, click on the "Import" button to initiate the Server Import Wizard
- Choose "Import Legacy Server Instance" and then select the legacy server to be imported
- Follow through the remaining pages and click Finish to import the server configuration
- The Icon for the server will be orange during the import process which could take a few minutes depending on the size of server instance
- Once the import has completed, the server will appear in the list with either a red icon (imported but not running) or a green icon (imported and running)
- To start a server, click on the Actions menu on the right and select Start
- The server will start and the icon will turn green
- The server is now imported and running